Friday, September 4, 2009

My Autobiography



       Hi, my name is Jessica L. Robbins and this is my mini autobiography. My story begins July 14th 1988 in the little town of Peterborough New Hampshire. I was told that the day I was born my brother John was the first one to visit, my sisters Nancy and Laura were there also. Because I had colic as a baby my grandmother moved in to help take care of me, but since I don't know much about when I was a baby I will continue with the rest of my life. My family moved to Florida where I happily lived on Jolly Avenue. My teachers would always write letters to my mother telling her how bright and helpful I was.
     Unfortunately the happiness did not last very long. I experienced first hand what it is like for your life to fall apart in front of you at the age of 6. I won’t say exactly what happened because it is a little too personal, but I will say that I did lose my father, I quit caring about my school life, and I wouldn't talk for about 6 months.
     After a few years of trying to recover the story continues and I am eight years old now. My mom started dating off and on about a year after my traumatizing experience that is how she met chuck. She married him about 6 months after they met. I did not like him at first but after a while he grew on me. After my mom got married we soon moved into a new house, that they had built. They bought the lot, picked out the house, and we watched as it slowly went up. About 6 months after we moved into the new house my mother told me some horrible news. She sat me down and tried to explain to me that my brother John passed away in an accident on a rooftop. I begged and begged for her to let me go to the funeral to say goodbye to my brother, but she refused. She told me that it would be too much for someone my age to experience, she was right but I didn't see it then.
     Regardless of the tragedies I went through this far into my life I moved on. Many friends and family kept telling me not to dwell on the past but rather embrace the future. By the time I was fifteen it had seemed as though I had forgotten all about what had happened in the past. Now being a teenager I was challenged with new problems. They were never major but the kept my mind occupied with things other than my past.
     By 18 I had met the man of my dreams, his name is Lee, he towers over me standing at six foot four, with beautiful curly hair, brown eyes, and a very masculine figure. We met when I was seventeen on myspace.com 3 months after we moved in together we found out that I was pregnant, and he proposed. Our relationship moved rather fast but it did not bother us much.
     9 months passed like it was only a week and then a new chapter began in our lives, parenthood. I will admit I was terrified to be a mother at 18 years old, I was just starting out in life and now I would be responsible for another life as well. None of that mattered anymore as soon as I held my little baby boy for the first time and saw his little face. I instantly knew that everything was going to be okay.
     Since that day for the past two and an half years I have been watching him learn, grow, and flourish. His father and I are still together and could not have a happier or stronger relationship and family. In the end everything worked out pretty good. It makes you think, maybe there are happy endings after all.
     Jessica L.

No comments:

Post a Comment